Azitech

Azimout's Linux weblog

system localization

leave a comment »

Recently, my girlfriend’s family’s computer crashed (hd failed) so I had to reinstall everything. The problem was that I only have a (pirated) English copy of WinXPPro, while they used to have the Italian (pirated) version installed. Of course they accepted my solution, but had some trouble adjusting. So I did some research and found out that changing the UI language is only possible in volume-licensed systems, through the use of a file called muisetup.exe.
Linux, being a superior system, allows this. Just to test it, I went to System->Administration->Language Support and clicked on Italian. After pressing “Apply” the system downloaded 15 packages. Afterwards I changed the default language for the system and rebooted. That was it. Eheh

Powered by ScribeFire.

Advertisements

Written by azimout

18/12/2007 at 15:04

Posted in Howto

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: